Friday, March 21, 2008

Fuck You UPS, Part 2

More anti-UPS aggravation, courtesy of the good old United States Postal Service.


Here's how it goes:


1. On 3/18 I ordered two items thru Amazon: One copy of OS X 10.5.1, One 1TB external USB drive.


2. I was charged for next day UPS.


3. OS X was sold directly by Amazon. It took two god damn days for it to arrive. This is a small cardboard box with one DVD and a small booklet that is about 1/4 inch thick.


4. The USB drive was shipped yesterday, through USPS, not UPS. This is a box that weights maybe 2 pounds 4 pounds.


5. USPS delivered the USB drive, plus my daily mail, before 3 PM today.


It took UPS two fucking days to move a half-pound envelope from Laurel, Maryland to Reston, Virginia (less than 2 hours drive). They charged me for next day delivery.


It took the USPS one day to move my box from NYC, and all they were paid for was for priority mail rate.


Fuck you, UPS.



0 comments: