Friday, March 7, 2008

The One Finger Salute


I have a "legacy" friend from my AOL days from a decade ago, the kind that forwards every chain letter to me. Over the years I taught her to check with me first before hitting forward and dumping the emails into her full address book, and from that she learned how to look them up on her own.


The end result is I still get plenty of chain letters from her, but they tend to be more interesting because they are usually true or close to the truth. In this case, she sent me a photo from the Omaha World-Herald, of USMC Gunnery Sgt Michael Burghardt flipping the bird at insurgents in the area as he walked away after surviving a remotely controlled explosion.


Sergeant Burghardt was on recovery for three weeks and was eager to return to duty.


Photo is (c) The Omaha World-Herald.



0 comments: