Monday, June 23, 2008

Bad movie weekend roundup

This weekend was pretty active, work projects hit the eye of the hurricane, and I had a queue of horror movies to watch:


The Omen Pentalogy:


The Omen: One of my favorite horror movies of all time. It doesn't belong to a bad movie weekend lineup, I only watched it to keep the story line in the proper perspective.


The Omen Remake : It was much better than what I had hoped for. When I saw this movie originally the little kid that plays Damien scared the living shit out of me. He looks even meaner than the original Damien. Julia Stiles did pretty good acting a much older part than the norm (read: not playing a teenager or early 20s hipster).


I really liked what they did with it.


The Omen II: Damien: The worst of the series, but it has a damn good opening.


The Omen III: The Final Conflict: Not as bad as part II, but not by much. Some of the scenes are really disturbing if you are really paying attention (hint: Christ is hung to the cross backwards).


The Omen IV: The Awakening: I like this one a lot because Delia is a mirror copy of a very good friend of mine. I can imagine my friend raising that kind of hell when she was 9 years old.


The Rest:


All The Boys Love Mandy Lane: Really really good teen slasher, with a half-decent plot twist at the end.


Pathology: Disturbing, especially if you have seen the two German Anatomy (part 1, part 2) movies. The subject is different, but both movies have doctors going against their oath.


Dark Floors: This is a gimmick movie, it doesn't make sense unless you know about Lordi.


The Signal: Good old fashioned we-all-are-going-batshit-crazy movie.


Teeth: Damn good movie. A girl is born with vagina dentata. That's all you need to know.


This is probably one of the best bad movie weekends that I have had in a while. If I don't take into consideration the original Omen, the best movie of the weekend was All The Boys Love Mandy Lane.



1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good post! I have linked to it at The DC Feed.