Tuesday, September 9, 2008

New experiment: Amazon Kindle Wiki

Now that I am starting to get a hang of the Kindle, and my friends are slowly embracing it, I decided it was time to put together some kind of online reference.

The obvious candidate for this is some kind of wiki. I have setup a Google wiki at http://wiki.pedrovera.com to see how that goes. Right now the wiki only holds general information about the device, but it also has a section where you can download my two novels in the Kindle format, plus plain text and PDF.

The Kindle version is far from perfect, mostly because the conversion tool that I used is still in beta. I would really like for Amazon to release the full specification of their digital publishing platform, for example, the proper way to tag for title and author.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

hey pedro
we have a social netwrk for kindle owners at booksummit.com.
why don't you join and you can share your books.
also there is a kindle wiki at kindlewiki.wikispaces.com.
it's already indexed and has a bunch fo stuff already. you can add your novels and tips to it.

abhi

Pedro said...

I joined booksummit.com but it is not allowing me to modify or comment on the list of author-provided books. Any ideas?