Wednesday, June 11, 2008

The Mac Crying Game: iPhone 3G version

snot rags


There is grand tradition amongst us Mac fanboys that we celebrate twice per year: the whining right after either Mac World Expo San Francisco, or the World Wide Developers Conference.


I like to call it "The Mac Crying Game."


This week's installment is very special, because the iPhone 3G is out. It is even more special because it seems like Fake Steve Jobs celebrates this holiday too.


The most common complaints so far:



  1. OMFG! Why am I limited to AT&T? That's such bullshit!


  2. $200? Do we look like we are made out of money????? (this is $200 cheaper than the previous model)


  3. What? $10 extra for the broadband part of my wireless plan? That's such bullshit! (ahem, I did this actually)


  4. Only black or white? I want one in pink! WTF Apple??????


  5. Only 8 GB of solid state memory for $200? WTF?


  6. Plastic body? Helooooo? What's wrong with this picture?


  7. Why Apple doesn't make a clamshell? Duh! Who wants a phone so big????


  8. What? I can't buy one to unlock it so I can run bash on mine? This is such bullshit man, BULLSHIT!


  9. Why is the camera still 2MP, where's the flash? where's the zoom? My $200 Sony cybershot has face AND smile recognition!!!


  10. Why is 3G still slower than my WiFi??????


  11. Why is AT&T not subsidizing the handsets?


  12. What the fuck do I need GPS for?


  13. What do you mean I have to pay for the apps? I already paid $200 for the god damn phone!


And so it goes.


Even if I complained earlier that on the long run, the $200 cheaper iPhone 3G costs more than my current iPhone, I would still love to have one. On the first day it sells, there, I said it.


You think the whining is ridiculous? Wait until the week that it starts selling, it is going to be full-out insane. Batshit loco insane.


Oh, and this is the weak crying game season, just wait until MWSF 2009.



1 comments:

Anonymous said...

What about all the missing features?

See http://notionscapital.wordpress.com/2008/06/11/iphone-3g-lacks-features/